The Clarinbridge GAA club was officially formed in 1889. In the early years of the 20 th century the Clarinbridge team wore a lilac colour jersey with a green hoop from shoulder to waist. Initially the club saw itself as promoting only hurling and Clarinbridge H.C was inscribed on the jerseys. These were knitted jerseys and the players of the time recalled them being ‘good at soaking up sweat’.
Clarinbridge GAA Club, Kilcornan, Clarinbridge, Co. Galway, H91 YCP3