The club was founded in 1923 in Donaghmore townland 3km south of Ashbourne. The club won three Meath Senior Football Championship in 1927, 1928 and 1942.
The team was founded under the name Donaghmore but renamed Donaghmore/Ashbourne in 1996 to reflect the increased number of players and supporters from Ashbourne. In 2006 the club moved from it's previous home in The Wooten to new premises in Killegland West in Ashbourne.
In more recent times the club has had sucess at Junior and Intermediate levels and currently has 45 teams competing at Football, Hurling, Ladies Football and Camogie
Donaghmore Ashbourne GAA, Killegland West, Ashbourne, Meath A84, Ireland
Leave a Reply ·